Monday, September 24, 2018

Mon Oeuvre - Treadling

I was told that my first Vintage Singer Sewing machine find could be converted into a treadle machine.

We were "casually" window shopping in a local antique store and found a New Home treadle cabinet with it's hardware still attached. We purchased it and I thought I'd try to do the conversion. I forgot that my 99k is a 3/4 size. It's a wee bit small for the opening, but my husband configured a way for it to sit nicely and perched in a stable position. It can't be lowered, but will always stay in an upright position, fine with me. 

I purchased a belt and commenced to remove the electrical components of the sewing machine. I then put on the belt. It all went well.

Now, I'm trying to figure out the coordination of the treadle to have a consistent rhythm going for sewing. Too much fun!!
Here's a video of me trying to be coordinated -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.