Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Wonderland trail: Day 4 of 12

August 24, day 4
Dick creek to Mowich lake.
Today's hike began with a rope climb down to the log crossing.


We hiked along the Carbon glacier.



We stopped for a bit by the Carbon river suspension bridge. We wouldn't be going across it on this trip. We did it in July when we hiked the Mother mountain loop, you can see the bridge & watch a video of my husband crossing it in this POST.

As we headed down to the Carbon river crossing we enjoyed the Huckleberries/Blueberries/plants/heart rocks and bridges along the trail.






A new bridge was built since we were here in July.

A familiar crossing.

Much drier this time, in July I waded in nearly knee deep water.


Time to head up to Mowich lake.

More heart rocks on the trail.



A rest break before heading up Ipsut pass. We've never hiked up it. Each time we've been here we've hiked down from the pass.

Looking down to where we'd come from.

As we neared the top of the pass, my legs began cramping. Thankfully my husband got out our trusty mustard bottle and I took some swallows all the rest of the way to Mowich lake. My legs were not happy. I'd rather go down Ipsut pass, uphill was tough.

Mowich lake.

The mighty "leg cramping" hiker made it to our night's destination.


Relive video of our route:

Garmin stats:
total miles hiked - 11.21
total ascent - 2900 feet
total desecnt - 2674 feet

Day 5 to be continued

2 comments:

  1. That's a long hard day! Those Garmin stats make my legs cramp just reading about them. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, I welcome your comments.